GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 481 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,467
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,436
Posts1,060,951
Members10,349
Most Online992
Yesterday at 04:40 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 70 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 69 70
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Lilo] #564575
01/11/10 07:21 AM
01/11/10 07:21 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI

What are you drinking in your pop? sick

Fast Food Soda Fountains

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: olivant] #564576
01/11/10 07:38 AM
01/11/10 07:38 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: olivant
By JUSTIN PRITCHARD updated 2:08 p.m. CT, Sun., Jan. 10, 2010

LOS ANGELES - Barred from using lead in children's jewelry because of its toxicity, some Chinese manufacturers have been substituting the more dangerous heavy metal cadmium in sparkling charm bracelets and shiny pendants being sold throughout the United States, an Associated Press investigation shows.

The most contaminated piece analyzed in lab testing performed for the AP contained a startling 91 percent cadmium by weight. The cadmium content of other contaminated trinkets, all purchased at national and regional chains or franchises, tested at 89 percent, 86 percent and 84 percent by weight. The testing also showed that some items easily shed the heavy metal, raising additional concerns about the levels of exposure to children.

I think this sort of thing is going to continue unless the US can either pull back manufacturing into its borders or enforce strict safety standards on Chinese imports.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Lilo] #564577
01/11/10 08:49 AM
01/11/10 08:49 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Originally Posted By: Lilo

What are you drinking in your pop? sick

Fast Food Soda Fountains

I worked as a temp many years ago as a dispatcher for a vending machine company. It was my job to log the service calls and send out the service techs.

Remember those soda machines that dropped down the cup, and then the syrup and seltzer would mix in your cup as you waited? The number one service call? Bugs in those machines.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Sicilian Babe] #564608
01/11/10 01:47 PM
01/11/10 01:47 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Oliver Stone is no stranger to stirring things up, and his latest provocation -- saying that Hitler was a "scapegoat" and expressing empathy for Stalin -- is, unsurprisingly, making headlines.

Stone made the comments while speaking at a gathering of TV critics in California this weekend. At the conference Stone introduced his latest project, modestly titled "Oliver Stone's Secret History of America," a 10-hour series for Showtime that will serve as an antidote to the way recent U.S. history has been presented in schools and the media.

“We can't judge people as only 'bad' or 'good'," Stone said.

"(Hitler) is the product of a series of actions. It's cause and effect."

"People in America don't know the connection between World War I and World War II."

"Hitler is an easy scapegoat throughout history and it's been used cheaply."

Stone compounded the controversy by claiming Stalin had "a complete other story".

"Not to paint him as a hero, but to tell a more factual representation - he fought the German war machine more than any person," he said.

"I've been able to walk in Stalin's shoes and Hitler's shoes, to understand their point of view."

"You cannot approach history unless you have empathy for the person you may hate."

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Lilo] #564612
01/11/10 02:10 PM
01/11/10 02:10 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
So, you walked in Hitler's shoes, Ollie?? Did you smell the stench from the ovens in the concentration camps, too? A scapegoat for what? The mass murder of millions??

While I agree that MOST people can't be judged as purely good or purely bad, I would say that Hitler gets a pass on this one. He was bad.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Sicilian Babe] #564616
01/11/10 03:02 PM
01/11/10 03:02 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
I'd say pure evil.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Sicilian Babe] #564619
01/11/10 03:57 PM
01/11/10 03:57 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
So, you walked in Hitler's shoes, Ollie?? Did you smell the stench from the ovens in the concentration camps, too? A scapegoat for what? The mass murder of millions??

While I agree that MOST people can't be judged as purely good or purely bad, I would say that Hitler gets a pass on this one. He was bad.

I guess he'll be casting Mel Gibson to play the "hero" in the inevitable movie rolleyes.

Stone is a fucking psycho. Talk about cause and effect? Here's a guy who, admittedly, did drugs and frequented sex clubs with his own mother. In fairness, in the interview I read (Vanity Fair?), he says that they never did anything sexual together. But they were in a "postion to watch each other." So yeah, cause = mother, effect = drug addled, paranoid, but at times brilliant filmmaker.

He's a talented guy, but you have to take everything he says with a grain of salt.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: pizzaboy] #564621
01/11/10 04:05 PM
01/11/10 04:05 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Apparently, Mark McGwire has admitted to using steroids and has apologized.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: olivant] #564626
01/11/10 04:24 PM
01/11/10 04:24 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
updated 2 hours, 39 minutes ago

SAN FRANCISCO - The first federal trial to determine if the U.S. Constitution prohibits states from outlawing same-sex marriage got under way Monday, but not before the Supreme Court blocked its broadcast — at least for the first few days.

The trial is considering whether the Proposition 8 gay marriage ban approved by California voters in November 2008 is legal, and the two gay couples on whose behalf the case was brought will be among the first witnesses

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: olivant] #564628
01/11/10 04:26 PM
01/11/10 04:26 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Can anyone answer this question please? grin

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425210/board/thread/155097371

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: olivant] #564629
01/11/10 04:28 PM
01/11/10 04:28 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Apparently, Mark McGwire has admitted to using steroids and has apologized.

Sure, he's watching some of his contemporaries go into the Hall of Fame and he's probably getting a little desperate.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: afsaneh77] #564633
01/11/10 05:07 PM
01/11/10 05:07 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: afsaneh77

If I remember correctly that is from when the Bruce Willis character was telling a story about a fixed horse race that was thought to be a sure thing. But word got out because of how gamblers are -talkative- and then the race wasn't such a sure thing.

So my take would be that the line was referring either to folks who had inside information but couldn't keep their mouth shut or on the other hand, degenerate gamblers that were constantly pestering bookies or other people for information.

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Lilo] #564634
01/11/10 05:17 PM
01/11/10 05:17 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Originally Posted By: afsaneh77

If I remember correctly that is from when the Bruce Willis character was telling a story about a fixed horse race that was thought to be a sure thing. But word got out because of how gamblers are -talkative- and then the race wasn't such a sure thing.

So my take would be that the line was referring either to folks who had inside information but couldn't keep their mouth shut or on the other hand, degenerate gamblers that were constantly pestering bookies or other people for information.

Makes sense, thank you very much. smile

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: afsaneh77] #564636
01/11/10 05:45 PM
01/11/10 05:45 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
by Laura Saunders Monday, January 11, 2010

How One Woman Went to Tax Court and Won Deduction

A Maryland nurse accomplished two rare feats in her battle with the Internal Revenue Service: She defended herself against the agency's lawyers and won, and she got a ruling that could help tens of thousands of students deduct the cost of an M.B.A. degree on their taxes.

The U.S. Tax Court handed Lori Singleton-Clarke her victory last month, saying the 47-year-old Bryantown, Md., woman had properly deducted nearly $15,000 in business school tuition. The Tax Court ruling should make it easier for many other professionals to deduct the expense of a Master in Business Administration degree.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: pizzaboy] #564646
01/11/10 08:07 PM
01/11/10 08:07 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
he says that they never did anything sexual together. But they were in a "postion to watch each other."

sick That is just sick.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Mignon] #564649
01/11/10 08:49 PM
01/11/10 08:49 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Never a Year Like '09-Jib Jab

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKYe1KiwywE

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: BAM_233] #564655
01/11/10 11:05 PM
01/11/10 11:05 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
lol

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Mignon] #564657
01/11/10 11:18 PM
01/11/10 11:18 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
That was great. I likeJib Jab. 2009 in a nutshell. lol

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Mignon] #564673
01/12/10 07:57 AM
01/12/10 07:57 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: Mignon
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
he says that they never did anything sexual together. But they were in a "postion to watch each other."

sick That is just sick.

Is this the interview you were referring to PB or was it another one?

1)
http://www.adherents.com/people/ps/Oliver_Stone.html

The sexual depravity that Oliver Stone witnessed his parents engaged in while he was a teenager further illustrates the degree to which his parents were not actively practicing Judaism, Catholicism, or any other religion. Oliver Stone's mother first took him to a nudist colony when he was nine years old (Riordan, page 12). When Oliver was eleven years old, his mother was thirty-one and his father was forty-seven. His father began to have an increasing number of extramarital affairs. Oliver was unaware of this at the time. When Oliver was fourteen or fifteen years old, his mother began taking him to nightclubs. While at Hill School, Oliver's father continued having extramarital affairs and the lifestyle of Oliver's mother's friends became increasingly decadent, as they imbibed in the sexual "revolution" of the 1960s. (Riordan, page 24).

After his parents divorced, Oliver found that his father frequently had prostitutes and call girls visiting at the house when Oliver was there. Often they were visiting socially. Apparently some of these women, if it had been many years since Oliver's father had actually hired them, liked to visit socially because they thought Oliver's father was interesting and funny. When Oliver was fifteen year old, his father arranged for him to lose his virginity with a prostitute (Riordan, page 30). Riordan, page 30:

There is little doubt now that Lou's gesture, though made with good intentions, helped to cripple his son emotionally for quite some time. Part of a boarding school circle that rarely mingled with the opposite sex, Stone was an emotionally underdeveloped teenager, and the experience made a profound impact.

Oliver's mother returned to New York City, where she rented an apartment and Oliver began visiting her often. There was a constant parade of prostitutes and homosexuals in his mother's apartment. Men and women hit on him. He frequently found there was rampant drug use, nudity, and group sex at his mother's apartment. When Oliver first walked into his mother's apartment and found her half-dressed in bed with another man, he was shocked, but his mother was very casual about it. Oliver's friend Roger Kirby, who was with him a the time, recounted (from Riordan, page 31):

...his mother said, 'What's the matter? Haven't you ever seen someone in bed before?' The truth was that I hadn't. Not like that. Oliver's mother had a tendency to be more like a peer than a parent. After his father was gone, she was amazingly candid with him. There was no subject she wouldn't broach. Then, other times, she acted like she wasn't interested."

Oliver Stone's experiences with his parents and sexuality had a strong affect on him, and made it difficult for him to relate to women as peers. From: Riordan, page 32:

[During Oliver's senior year at Hill School, he] felt far too traumatized about sexual attraction to deal with women very well.

Roger Kirby comments: "I don't think Oliver ever dated anybody. He had this circle of people [many of them call girls] whom his mother would make available to him directly or otherwise. But I don't think he could relate to the female equivalent of a Hill person [i.e., somebody of similar social standing who had attended a high school similar to his own], and those were the kind of people he saw. I think the first real relationship he had was with his first wife several years later."

2)
Oliver's Mother Issues
Elizabeth Stone, Oliver's ex-wife, says it's no surprise that he would be angry at his mother, or that he would publish a novel that vents his rage. "The crying of a child who was never comforted," is how she interprets her ex-husband's autobiographical novel.

"Oliver as a boy was very isolated and very, very lonely," she says. "Very early in my marriage, I remember having a long conversation with his mom. She'd led a decadent life as a child of the '60s, very tolerant, and she was extremely blunt about her multiple sex partners. . . . She was sophisticated in the European way."

And here Elizabeth offers up a disturbing revelation of Stone's sexual initiation -- as a teenager -- by his mother...

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: BAM_233] #564680
01/12/10 10:48 AM
01/12/10 10:48 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Originally Posted By: BAM_233
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Spot on ol' chap!!!! lol (isn't that an expression as well?)

TIS

why is everybody talking like yogi (he is british right?) lol

I rather like it old bean smile

Time for a spot of tea and a scone methinks.....

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #564692
01/12/10 12:05 PM
01/12/10 12:05 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Yeah, that's it, Lilo. I read an abridged version, similar to what you just posted, in Vanity Fair a few years ago.

Sick.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: pizzaboy] #564721
01/12/10 03:49 PM
01/12/10 03:49 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
The first step to legalize marijuana in California could happen Tuesday.

Lawmakers will vote on Assembly Bill 390 -- legislation to tax and regulate marijuana. The assembly's Public Safety Committee is expected to vote after a hearing that begins at 9 a.m. hearing in Sacramento.

The bill, authored by San Francisco Assemblyman Tom Ammiano, would essentially treat pot the same way alcohol is treated under the law and would allow adults over 21 to possess, smoke and grow marijuana.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: olivant] #564725
01/12/10 03:54 PM
01/12/10 03:54 PM
under there
bogey Offline
Underboss
bogey  Offline
Underboss
under there
That.. is awesome.

President of the long_lost_corleone Fan Club
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: bogey] #564726
01/12/10 03:57 PM
01/12/10 03:57 PM
California

California
I hope it's legalized as well. smile

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 01/12/10 03:57 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #564728
01/12/10 04:14 PM
01/12/10 04:14 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I hope it's legalized as well. smile

TIS

Well, if it is, we will witness one hell of a Supreme Court case eventually. The very nature of Federalism will be called into question as will be national supremacy. I can't wait.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Lilo] #564729
01/12/10 04:20 PM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss
Oliver Stone is no stranger to stirring things up, and his latest provocation -- saying that Hitler was a "scapegoat" and expressing empathy for Stalin -- is, unsurprisingly, making headlines.

"(Hitler) is the product of a series of actions. It's cause and effect."

"People in America don't know the connection between World War I and World War II."

"Hitler is an easy scapegoat throughout history and it's been used cheaply."

True; WWI was almost a direct cause of WWII, and World War I can be traced back to the times of the Roman historian Tacitus in the 2nd century AD, in the woods of the West Rhine between modern day France and Germany.

There were many philosophers and historians in the late middle ages who were able to deduce from the economic and political history of Europe that hundreds of years from then a great war of the world would insue with Germany at its epicenter, and were also able to predict that the war(s) would have resounding effects on the following generations and may very well be the war to end all wars.

Thus, philosophers like Nostradameus, who supposedly predicted the rise of Hitler and a great world war, were really nothing new. Historians and philosophers from all over Germany foresaw a world war centering in Germany centuries before it happened.

So to put the entire onnus on Hitler is to view the situation in a vacuum and not consider the historical effects that had accrued over thousands of years. The Holocaust, however, seems to be Hitler's own little obsession, though he certainly wasn't alone in carrying it out..

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: olivant] #564730
California

California
I thought I just heard it passed. confused Let me check.

TIS

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #564733
01/12/10 04:23 PM
01/12/10 04:23 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Is this a sign of the Apocalypse?

1,500 Lose Jobs as Walmart Announces 10 Sam's Club Closures

Walmart announced Monday it is closing 10 Sam’s Club locations across the United States, causing approximately 1,500 people to lose their jobs.

The Sam’s Clubs to be closed are located in Nampa, ID; La Quinta, CA; Louisville, CO; Vista, CA; Rolling Meadows, IL; Clay, NY; Irvine, CA; and one Club in the Houston, TX, Phoenix, AZ, and Sacramento, CA markets.

According to the Walmart press release, despite the “outstanding efforts of our Associates, these Clubs continued to lose money” so the decision was made to close them.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: olivant] #564750
01/12/10 06:01 PM
01/12/10 06:01 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Is this a sign of the Apocalypse?

1,500 Lose Jobs as Walmart Announces 10 Sam's Club Closures

Walmart announced Monday it is closing 10 Sam’s Club locations across the United States, causing approximately 1,500 people to lose their jobs.

The Sam’s Clubs to be closed are located in Nampa, ID; La Quinta, CA; Louisville, CO; Vista, CA; Rolling Meadows, IL; Clay, NY; Irvine, CA; and one Club in the Houston, TX, Phoenix, AZ, and Sacramento, CA markets.

According to the Walmart press release, despite the “outstanding efforts of our Associates, these Clubs continued to lose money” so the decision was made to close them.

damn...i guess 2012 is going to be the last year...hopefully the cubs can win it before then.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: BAM_233] #564754
01/12/10 06:18 PM
01/12/10 06:18 PM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

In a van down by the river!
I had an Appetite for Destruction so I ate Mac N Cheese.

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Page 6 of 70 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 69 70

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull