88K is 400 per cent poverty level?????? eek I'm not a family of four, but I would be well below the poverty level if that's the case. I don't get that figure.

Here in CA, we have had quite a few hospitals close,because of course, they can't refuse care to those who have no insurance and need emergency medical care. There simply has to be a change.

As a matter of fact, part of my consideration to retire was because the school district told everyone to be prepared for a major health insurance increase in 2010. Since I retired when I did, it won't affect me. Yet, my co-workers' are experiencing major increases.

As far as the conservative opposition goes, they are very good at spin (better than the right) and I do think we should not assume anything as far as a next election goes. Yet, it is hard to believe that the party who has absolutely no ideas or input and opposes everything this President does, will prevail, but never say never.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 01/08/10 01:31 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon