Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I don't know the details as to how much this would be. Btw, does anyone know the costs?

For some reason, as I understand it, requiring people to buy health insurance doesn't bother me. I mean we do have to buy car insurance.

Not that I "would" but I'd more likely take a chance not having auto insurance (if I didn't "have" to purchase it) then I would health care. We pay for "uninsured motorists" (at least I do on my auto policy). If everyone had auto insurance we wouldn't have that fee. I don't know. Like I said, I don't know the details but I'm not as bothered by that. ohwell

Like many on the left though, I am bothered though by the fact that there will be no public option giving more choices. I just don't think enough is being done to keep the insurance companies in check. frown

TIS

There are costs and costs.. cool
One estimate that I saw was that a family of four that had an income as low as 88K (which is 400% of Federal poverty level) would not be eligible for subsidies. If they were unlucky enough to have to purchase insurance on their own they'd be on the hook from anywhere between 15K and 19K. Ouch.

What's in it for me?

But the fairest thing to do is probably have a side to side comparison between Senate and House bill.
Comparison of Bills

Both bills are estimated to reduce the deficit for reasons that are longer and more detailed than I care to explore here.

You can always choose not to drive-some people do just fine by not driving- so mandated auto insurance for drivers doesn't bother me. But a federal mandate to purchase health insurance from a private insurer is a Rubicon I'd just as soon not cross.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.