Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
People need to respect one another's religious and/ or non religious beliefs as long as those beliefs do not infringe upon, make fun of, mock or call for the hurting others.

I respectfully disagree. We must respect what people can't change about themselves, those that they've no role in it. Like the color of their skin, their nationality, or these sorts of attributes. Religion on the other hand is what we have a role in adopting for ourselves.

Why shouldn't we debate or mock ideas? If someone believes they can fly just by the motion of their hands, you suggest we should not mock them? Or try to reason with them? Of course after a course of debate, and laughing at them I'm willing to let them fly off the roof, but what if they are trying to take a bus full of people and jump off the cliff? Would you sit aside and say, well, that's their religion and we should respect it? Haven't we seen enough of such mantras and attitudes even these days? Bush's war on Gog and Magog? Islamic Republic's mantra of setting the whole world right? Should I go on?

I refuse to respect any religion, since they've not presented me with any proof to their sanity or sense. Just because you blindly believe something is there, it doesn't make it so.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones