Perhaps some Board memebers have had the unique pleasure of surfing over to Yahoo Answers and reading some of the questions. It can be a hilarious experience. As an example of the bizarre reasoning behind some of the questions as well as the atrocious spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure one fequently encounters there, here's a few:

1. Backward thinking

"I sold my only car to help pay for gas money, but now gas has come down in price. How do I get my car back?"

2. It's caps lock -- capisce?

"HOW DO I TURN OFF CAPSLOCK? I ACCIDENTALLY TURNED IT ON YESTERDAY AND I DONT KNOW HOW TO TURN IT BACK OFF."

3. Credit crunch

"I wanted to see if my computer would read my credit card so i put it in the cd rom and it got stuck, how do i get it out?? I tryed toothpics but lost them in the process?? also the drive is making noises"

4. Mousin' around

"My mouse stop working every time i lift it up from the table why is this? this is not just OS .i have linux and vista both same thing so its not drivers"

5. Technical difficulties

"I've been asked to write an application in my own handwriting....? is there a computer programme that will do this for me? they also want original ideas. do you know any?"

6. It's all in the details

"I have an assignment about computer … What is unimportant details about computer?"

7. Unknown nuptials

"Am i married in any state? have i been divorced?

8. A sticky subject

"Where can i buy a really big jar of peanut butter?"

9. Fruit frets

"I have ate two whole tangerines in about two hours what will happen to me?"

10. Fat chance

"How do i become obese fast? I want to look good by the end of the year."

11. Cantaloupe hunting

"I thought cantelope was an animal!? i always thought that a cantaloupe was that animal that has the horns and they live in Arizona and stuff, but i was shopping for groceries yesterday and i saw they had cantaloupe meat on sale. so i was like yeah sure i'll try it, but what i saw, wasn't a cantaloupe. it was some white and green fruit thing! whats up with this?"

12. Hey, babby

"How is babby formed????? how girl get pragnent?"
13. An academic inquiry

"Why are there school? is a point to it?"

14. Canine law

"Is it illegal to name a dog after a movie?"

15. Lost in space

"What is the best place to ask questions online? i mean, or there any QA forums like on yahoo or anything?"

16. Mathematical matters

"Is there any possible way of making 2+2=5?"

17. Sandwich sensations

"Is it possible to feel like a sandwich?"

18. About those drugs …

"How do you ask a question on yahoo answers?"

19. Spelling 101

"How do you spell government?"

20. Turtle trouble

"I was bitten by a turtle when i was a young lad, can i still drink orange juice?"

Last edited by olivant; 12/26/09 01:21 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."