Whisper, I too am sorry about your friend. only 30??? eek Did he have any other health issues? That's very sad.

Bam, I've heard about an aspirin a day helping prevent heart attacks, but not sure if it's true.

SB,

Quitting smoking is one of the hardest things you can do. I don't think those who never have smoked can even imagine how hard it is, as they continue to ban it everywhere.

I've been tobacco free now for 2 and a half years already. I do believe I have it licked. YET, whenever I pass someone who's smoking or smell a "fresh" (as opposed to walking in a room with stale cigaret smoke) cigaret, it still smells good to me.

For me, I had to ease out of smoking. I couldn't do cold turkey. But, whatever works.

All I can say is, now that I did it, I'm really glad i did. Not to mention saving about $150 a month. smile

Good luck to you.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 12/22/09 03:39 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon