I don't say no to the idea that I'm impatient with what the President considers possible.
whistle

But....
Right now as it stands the Senate bill has these objectionable planks
* A federal mandate to purchase insurance
* No legally imposed price reductions for insurance policies/premiums
* No ability to import cheaper drugs from Canada
* No public option
* No Medicare expansion
* Fuzzy language about spending caps (I think that there are no lifetime limits on spending but there are annual limits with exceptions-for someone with a serious disease/condition this could be life and death)
* Cuts in Medicare to offset expansion of coverage
* Federal subsidies to private insurers
* Taxing of health care benefits (I have a selfish interest here-this will impact me) and is in direct opposition to what candidate Obama said. Do people remember how hard he went after McCain on exactly this issue when McCain endorsed the idea? It's also a backdoor tax increase on people earning less than $250K, which is also in opposition to what the President ran on.

So basically the bill as written forces everyone without insurance to buy insurance, cuts certain Medicare benefits, raises taxes and leaves the insurance and pharmaceutical companies free to charge as much as they like.

This is reform?
It is said "Do not let the perfect be the enemy of the good". But this bill isn't good imo. I think all in all it's worse than the status quo. If the bill had just one of those planks or even a few of them I say ok, you don't get EVERYTHING you want. But all of those things together? No way.

Taking single payer off the table before negotiations even started was another bonehead move. It's like going into a car dealership and declaring that you MUST buy a car that day and MUST have a car from that particular dealership. The ensuing negotiation process will be a little different for you...

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.