This was Obama's best week since taking office. The health care plan, flawed as it is marks a giant step forward, and provides a framework that will lead to either a single payer system or real competition among insurance comapnies. Compare this to the original Social Security Act in the thirties...that law has been greatly enlarged over the year and so will the health care bill. Bottom line is he is the first president in history to pass a law that makes universal health care a right.

The Republicans did not oppose it so vehemently because in the short term it looks like a windfall for insurance companies and big pharma. They know the pasage of this law makes it inevitable that the anti trust exemption for healthcare insurance, or a single payer system or a public option, or a combination thereof is inevitable.

He's no Carter. I just finished Ted Kennedy's memoirs, and if you want to see what a tool Carter was as president read what Ted says.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."