Originally Posted By: olivant
I was just watching a program about New York pizza places and it mentioned Ray's on Prince St. as just about the best place in NY for pizza.

Ray's on Prince Street is the only real Ray's in the city. The rest have been trying to capitalize on the name for years, and they're constantly suing each other a result of that. The problem is that "Ray" is too common a name for the copyright laws to really apply.

Ray's on Prince Street is very good, but hardly the best in the city (imho). There are really too many to mention, but the original Patsy's in East Harlem gets my vote. It's on 1st Avenue, between 117th and 118th Streets. My Dad grew up just around the corner, on Pleasant Avenue and 119th Street (the same street where they filmed Sonny beating up on Carlo), so I've been eating there all my life.

There are a half dozen others that are just as good (Totonno's in Brooklyn, John's on Bleeker Street, Louie and Ernie's in the Bronx, etc.), but far too many to mention. I mean, it's New York City, Oli. It's not like we're the poor folks in Plano, who have to drive all the way to Dallas to get a decent meal tongue lol

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.