So, in the past week, I lost two pretty important things - my driver's license and a watch that Mr. Babe bought me for Valentine's Day a few years ago.

We flew last week, and I had my license and boarding pass in my back pocket so that I could access them easily for the various security checks. Well, I forgot to put it back in my wallet. I realized it was missing a few days later. I had washed the pants I wore on the plane, and checked the back pocket. The (shredded) boarding pass was still in the pocket, but no license. I checked the washer, no luck. No luck either with the jacket I wore, the purse I carried or my carry-on. I went to clean the litter box on Sunday, and there it was, behind the box. When I hung my pants on the clothes line in the laundry room, my license must have slipped out of the pocket and went behind the litter box.

Today I was cleaning the family room and looked under the end table. There was a discarded McDonald's wrapper and a stack of blank index cards, left behind after my daughter's last exam cram session. I crawled underneath the table, which is between the couch, the bookcase and the recliner, and when I picked up my daughter's garbage (cursing, and not under my breath), there was my watch!! She says that if she wasn't such a slob, my watch would still be missing.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club