Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

I wonder why I'm here at all.
But please don't take a shot at these boards by making such a general statement like the one above. No one has forced you to stay.
Oh I know. Hence why I said what I said. It was rhetorical. I know why I come on here; because I'm not working, or reading and writing, and I'm on the Internet, on a board I've frequented since 2002, and have frequented because it's been a large part of my own life. You can get to this site by Googling "The Godfather", one of the most loved and widely acclaimed products of the most popular art forms. That in itself makes it culturally significant. Add to the fact that it's predominantly American, predominantly right-wing, predominantly Christian, and I'm an outsider. But hey, once in a while you get a debate-worthy topic (i.e., something not about 'the weather' or 'random post' or 'news from our neck of the woods'), a topic that is, well, topical, and culturally significant, and that's what makes this an interesting board to be part of. "I wonder why I'm here at all" could have easily been reduced to the more popular alternative: " rolleyes ". But why am I making an effort to articulate an opinion in response to such - sorry to repeat myself - casual displays of absolute philistinism? Well, the answer to that is, I'm not. I can type all the cogent responses I want, but I get the strange feeling it'd be ineffective or unheard. And SC's already said recently that he "can't help [me] there".

Finally, a note to Olivant: an individual incident of murder - or thirteen counts of it - isn't necessarily a 'sociological crisis', but I fear you've misunderstood. The majority of responses to such an incident may be indicative of a wider 'sociological crisis'.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?