Originally Posted By: J Geoff
Originally Posted By: Irishman12
In all honesty, this has probably been the best World Series since 2001.

You're kidding me, right?

This was one of the most BORING World Series I've ever witnessed! If I wasn't a fan of BOTH teams, I'd've been bored to DEATH!

JG, you know I love you, but I have to disagree: it was a good series. Not the best since 2001, but good series nontheless.

Phillies take the first lead; 2 more games after that, and the Yankees got the lead instead. Then the Phillies almost tied the series for a 2:2, but A-Rod came with the final blow, after Damon stole another base. I think those kind of moments like that 4th game ending make baseball such a fascinating game. I'm no Yankees or Phillies fan....but that's not how boring series look like. I agree that the series should have had a better ending, but overall it wasnt bad or boring.

Anywyaz...are you going to that Canyon of Heroes parade? take pictures will ya. I'm curious to see how it'll look like this time.

And one last request, from EVERYONE :

This should be a really nice thread to discuss the world series. I know that we all love different teams, and there's nothing wrong with teasing each other, but PLEASE let's stop it there. It doesnt matter if you're a Yankees, Red Sox, or if you think that Japanese baseball is ten times better than the MLB. Let us show respect for each other. We're all brothers and sisters here, dont forget that.

Mama Corleone says: "...you can never lose your family"

Let's prove her right.

"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!"

- James Cagney in "Taxi!" (1932)