Congratulations again Yankee fans! I was in the first one in the boards to say it was over. of course it was a desperate try to evoke a jinx but I didn't even bother to stay awake until the end of the game, just like the whole postseason. I know I'll be missing baseball in 2 weeks.

as for the MVP, the thing is that the award most often is not handed to the "most valuable player"; there is some kind of hidden formula to it, and when no one really stands out from the rest, a couple of big hits could do it. I can't think of anyone better than the Godzilla to get the hardware this year. he sealed game 2 with a HR and posted the record for RBI in a World Series game, in the clinching game 6! batted .615 with 8 RBI! Uley was the best player on the field, but how valuable was him if his team lost 4 out of 6 games?

if Jimmy Rollins was getting on base, Utley's hot bat could've done more damage, and now the Phillies have an interesting situation with Rollins: he had one of the greatest seasons ever in 2007, but was one of the worst regulars in the MLB in 2009. sub .300 OBP, that does it for me. that is the most telling single statistic in baseball, and Rollins was in the bottom 5 in the MLB among players who qualified for the batting title. the Phillies at least have to remove him from the leadoff spot and find someone else. Victorino is only a great #2 hitter.

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk