Yeah, that "last" picture of Gotti, he does look pretty bad; more like his ugly brother Pete then any of his slightly better looking brothers. Almost unrecognizable as himself. Didn't he have part of his jaw removed? That explains a little, i guess, but he looked so haggard.
I guess that's what jail does to people. In the first one, the photo where he's bleeding, he's still recognizable, though a little thinner and greyer. You can see the rage and humiliation in his eyes. With the story behind it, it was that which made me first feel a little sympathetic for the guy; i mean he's doing his time, he doesn't need to cop that sorta shit.

"Oz" is supposed to be fiction, an exaggeration of prison life, but here you had a famous mobster being assaulted by a black gangster, and vengeance sought via the Aryan Brotherhood, who some say set the whole thing up in order to levy a previously refused "protection" tax on Gotti!

Anyhoo, what always got me was the his son, Jr, was half Jewish as well.
No one seemed to care about that. Another funy thing, though unrelated (sorry), was Nino Gaggi telling Roy DeMeo, once he had been finally "made", that although he was now a Soldier, he could never progress, for "only Sicilians can become Capo's in this Family"
John Gotti Sr. is, of course, Napolitan.

Last edited by Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica; 10/24/09 11:00 PM.

(cough.)