Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Originally Posted By: afsaneh77

I don't really see among all the famous people everyone knew last year, anyone more worthy than Obama to get it.

Dr. Sima Samar

Having been in office for only eleven days, I do not see the justification in nominating President Obama based on what he said, at the time, that he would set out to do.

To me that's like some rookie ball player coming up at the start of the baseball season and saying the he is going to lead his team to the world series and then immediately being nominated for the MVP based on what he said that he would set out do.

He's the President of the country that I am proud to live in, but his being nominated only 11 days into office and then winning is purely political as far as I am concerned.

Dr. Sima Simar had done a whole lot more for humanity at that point and therefore, in my opinon, she was more deserving of that prize than my President was.

And that's why I said famous people. You could read my opinion in my response to Capo. For me, Mousavi, Karoobi or Khatami had done more than Sima Simar, whom I don't even confess to know well. If the choice was between Obama and her, I'm happy with Obama winning the prize.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones