Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
I'm sorry, though: Obama is the commander-in-chief of - proud of it in a patriotic sense or not, which should have no bearing on the objective situation - a country currently active in an escalating illegal imperialist war. Bombing Afghan civilian populations in the manner in which this administration is currently and actively endorsing is by definition a war crime. Being the head of a democracy or "the land of freedom" doesn't change that.

I wouldn't call armed Taliban "Afghan civilians." And they should be dealt with, there's no question about that, or they WOULD hurt Afghan civilians. You cant sit back and blame what other administrations have left Obama on him. I namely blame Reagan for arming these dangerous extremist to stop USSR invading Afghanistan.

I don't argue that this prize is in fact a travesty for the most part, but the purpose behind it is quite agreeable to me. I don't really see among all the famous people everyone knew last year, anyone more worthy than Obama to get it.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones