Originally Posted By: M.M. Floors
@DiMaggio: indeed there's a big difference between a gang and a mafia, but we're not talking about a gang. For me the Yakuze isn't a gang, but a mafia. Why? Because mafia for me isn't necessarily a Sicilian thing but a way of life/acting.

@ITB: Cosa Nostra is something the journalists and 'show off' mobsters of America made up. No Sicilian mafia called themselves Cosa Nostra.

@DiMaggio: Mafia isn't invented. It's not that someone at some time tought: 'well, if I do this and that, it will result in this...and I call that Mafia'. And if you still think that's true, why isn't it possible that someone else also tought this (meaning Japanese people who 'invented' the same)?

FYI,

It actually was invented, but you're right not the same way the light bulb was invented. You missed my point for sure. The mafia was originally started in Sicily many years ago when the French occupied the Island. Read the history about the mafia or get a book about it.

About the Yakuza topic if you would have read my earlier post you would've noticed that I was saying it was a mafia organization so you should actually be agreeing with me on that. I Don't understand. confused