Carter deserved the Nobel for the Camp David accords and his post presidency work eradicating river blindness in Africa, establishing the Carter Center for Peace and for his work with Habitat for Humanity.

He began losing it about a decade ago and in 2002 he was supposed to be the referee of the Venezuelan election which was rigged by Hugo Chavez. Rather than challenge Chavez, he announced his wife's birthday was coming up and he did not have any more time to listen to any complaints, and pronounced Chavez the legitimate president. We all know how that worked out. Since then he has taken a very pro Palestinian stance, and while there is nothing wrong with that per se, he has taken some shots at Israel that IMHO have been un called for.

I noticed at Obama's inauguration, and again at Ted Kennedy's funeral that the other ex-preidents and the sitting president were all hugging each other...wives too, chatting amiably...all except the Carters.

IMHO Jimmy is going soft in the head and ought to retire from public life.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."