Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Originally Posted By: AppleOnYa
Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
... after reading his book I cannot lay all the blame on Darden and Clark. There was a lot of behind the scenes politics that went on with Gil Garcetti and the prosecutor's office. Not to mention the bullshit that Judge Ito allowed ...

Point taken. So then (and I know this is gearing FAR from the original topic)...having read Darden's account do you feel that Bugliosi despite his skills could also have been powerless to overcome the Garcetti/Ito shenanegans that doomed that case?

Apple

As I said, I do not TOTALLY excuse Darden or Clark for Garcetti's tying their hands and for Ito's irresponsibility as a judge. Some blame does lie with the prosecution, but for the most part I believe that the majority of it lies with Ito.

Bugliosi may not have allowed some of things that took place in that courtroom to take place.

For instance, how in the world did ITO alow OJ Simpson to make a statement from his seat, in that courtroom? How in the world did Clark and Darden not lose their minds when that was allowed?

I believe that once Simpson was allowed to make a statement in the courtroom, Bugliosi would have used it as an opportunity to force him on the stand to be cross examined.

Who knows.

My apologies for taking this discussion about Susan Atkins off topic. Perhaps we should continue this in a new topic.

that topic should be made when o.j is out of jail...