Originally Posted By: M.M. Floors
@Post Olivant:

why do American people think that there is a conspiracy if something extroadinary happens? 9/11, JFK, this and probably some more. I know it's against all odds that 4 camera's are off at the same time, but come on. Are some people not 'searching' for things against the odds to 'prove' they are right? I always find it funny. And everytime it has to do with the CIA/FBI/Government...why's that? To create the mystique sphere around these organizations?

I'd love to hear some reactions.

The vast majority of Americans don't buy into the imaginative conspiracy theories that circulate around the events that you mention. I think some people gravitate to misinformation that's twisted into a movie plot because they are more interested in being entertained than informed.

It's interesting to note that many ofthe conspiracies involve figures, who are dead because they can't refute the outlandish claims that give rise to fantastic stories and manufactured conspiracies. There is probably more inaccurate accounts of the Kennedys, Elvis, and soon Michael Jackson floating around than there are legitimate facts.

The conspiracies that the 9/11 attacks were done by the US government, the Jews, etc. are essentially ignored by the overwhelming majority. Same thing about the conspiracies alleging that the moon landing was staged.