Personally I like the individual mandate that requires everyone to get insurance. There are a lot of young people who can afford insurance but who don't have it. They will
be paying in, and the risk of them needing major medical care is low, so all in all that is a winner.

Abolishing the "pre exiting condition" and the dropping of people as soon as they get sick will also be a major accomplishment.

What is trickier is the public option. IMHO this bill will include tax credits for employers, and subsidies for the poor, and possibly some kind of "trigger" provision for a public option if all else fails. The concern is that if a public option comes about, it will probably be cheaper to opt into it.
As an employer, I certainly would, epecially if I am required to provide insurance for employees. Under that set of circumstances, I would be dropping my present insurance and getting something else. In order for the public option to insure that everyone who is happy with their current plan and current doctor can keep it, the option would have to allow employees, who have no say in who their employer chooses, would need some assurance that the public option excludes no health care providers, and matches what the previous insurer pays the doctors. I am not sure how this can be done.

I also don't believe for a minute that eventually taxes will be raised.

Still I think we need this plan because it is better than what we have now. Insurance companies cannot be trusted, and I really think this will force them to stop playing the games they inevitably do.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."