Commissioner's Note
Although I'm loathe to change league settings after the season has started, I've gone ahead and a made a change that will not affect how anyone drafted, but will, I think, improve game play and competitiveness.

This change has to do with the free agent pool. In past seasons, only players recently released have been on waivers and the vast majority of other players were immediately available as free agents. Two issues because of this: (i) "waiver priority" is rendered meaningless and (ii) those immediately in front of their computers on a Sunday afternoon have a distinct advantage because they can react in real time to injuries (e.g. when Brady got hurt in Week 1 last season, someone watching that Sunday could have immediately snatched up Cassel and owned him that same day). I want to make this situation less likely and make waiver placement more important.

I think this is the first time that this option has been made available, but I've selected the option so that immediately after the first Sunday game starts (10:00am PT), all players in the free agent pool will be placed on waivers and will remain there until 11:59pm PT the following Tuesday. This will give everyone a chance to react to injuries and add unowned playres on hot streaks.