This really makes me laugh. I know so many people who can't afford insurance. They can't afford the ever-increasing premiums, the ever-increasing copayments. They can't afford NOT to have insurance, because they can't afford to get sick. People are crying, "Somebody has to do something about healthcare!" But then nobody wants "socialized medicine".

It's the same with the Clunkers program. I sell commercial real estate, and I can't tell you how many car dealerships I have seen go out of business in the past year. The automotive industry as a whole was crying, "Somebody help us!"

So, the government decided it would be better for the economy and ecology if they offered a decent trade-in for cars that were otherwise worthless. Get rid of the inventory on the lots, and the manufacturers would have a reason to start production again. The old gas-guzzlers would be off the road. People would get some help, and be able to buy themselves a new car. It was a real win-win for everyone.

Those same car dealers who were crying that they were going bankrupt are now crying that the government isn't paying them quickly enough. They don't tell you that they submitted paperwork that was incomplete. They don't tell you that they pre-sold the program and created a backlog before it even STARTED, despite warnings to not do so. They don't tell you that they did record sales.

What a joke.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club