Whoa. Slow Down Patrick. House elections are about 13 months away. Any thing can happen between now and then to mitigate election results. The loss of Democrat seats in the House (about 20) is predicated on what we know now only. Democrat losses in the Senate will stil preserve its majority, but without the votes for Cloture on a Filibuster.

Some form of health care reform will probably be enacted, but I seriously doubt that it will aproximate that which is currently describes in House Bill 3200 or any similar proposed legislation. Pundits are delaying it? According to what Congressional procedural rule?

Health care a right? Where in the US Constitution is that cited? Oh, I know. It's a natural law right, right? Can we add to that list? How about a job, a house, a car, an education? Where do we stop?

"A green piece of paper should not determine whether you can get life or non life threatening treatment." It does not determine so. Both federal law and hospital policies address treatment of any emeergency room patient.

"A professor with a B.A. in political science and an M.A. in international relations cannot get the same coverage as a hooker in Germany." Yes a professor can when he/she pays for the level of coverage desired.

By the way, the German health system is not based on a "right" As of 2007, all German citizens are required to obtain health insurance. through the Nation's public insurance option or of a company provider. The entire system is under tremendous financial strain. Public option co-pays are being increased and participants can be require to pay up to 15% of their annual gross income.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."