Olivant, you were WAY out of line. I disagree greatly with Mignon's political views, and she disagrees with mine. However, to resort to such name-calling, especially name-calling that has zero context and zero relativity, and to do so without cause, is actually beyond out of line. Allow me to join the others who feel that you owe her an apology.

As for what I said earlier, whether some of you like it or not, he IS the President of the United States. OUR President. I don't understand what is supposedly so objectionable that you would refuse your daughter a day of education, Apple. You said that you felt it was intrusive of the President to take your daughter away from her lessons, but it's perfectly fine to have her miss an entire DAY of school to miss his speech?? This makes NO sense.

As for what he says or doesn't say, what is the problem? Are we so polarized in this country that we don't want our children to hear any views except those that we want to spoon-feed them? Are we so terrified that they might learn to think independently of us?? What is the actual problem? Is he going to suggest to our children that they should participate in reckless, immoral and illegal acts? I don't believe so. I think that he might try to teach our children to do well in school, as he obviously did. He was editor of the Law Review, and I doubt that they give that out to underachievers.

You don't agree with his views? Fine. But are you really so very frightened of them that you object to having your children hear them? Are you so afraid of exposing your children to a variety of schools of thought??

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club