Originally Posted By: The Iceman
...Correction the office deserves respect not the man, the man has to earn the respect.

EXACTLY!

As far as that ridiculous Obama 'address' to students goes...I read that it will be directed at Grades 7-12, which thankfully eliminates my child. However, had she been in the selected 'age-range and our school district decided to show it I was fully prepared to keep her out of school that day.

God help America when any President of the United States decides to pull kids from their classrooms in the middle of a school day to hear HIM preach on a screen about about the importance of a good education. Maybe if this one ever released his own school records (not to mention U.S. Birth Certificate), he would have some credibility in that department.

Frankly, I think he's specifically aiming to enamor himself to the many children who will be of voting age in 2012.

Apple

Last edited by AppleOnYa; 09/04/09 08:23 PM.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON