from ABC News

TEMPE, Az. -- The United States Secret Service is speaking out about an East Valley pastor who is praying for President Barack Obama's death.

Spokesperson Darrin Blackford said Monday, "We are aware of Pastor Anderson's comments and an appropriate follow up will be conducted."

Parishioners leaving the Faithful Word Baptist Church Sunday carried not just their Bibles, but guns as well.

Pastor Steven Anderson said he and his congregation have received death threats after a controversial sermon earlier this month."Guns are a great deterrent," said Anderson. "We haven't had any violence because people know if they come down here swinging a baseball bat, we're ready to protect ourselves."

On August 16th, Anderson delivered a sermon titled "Why I Hate Barack Obama."In it, Anderson admitted he prays for the president's death.It is a position he reiterated Sunday.

"If you want to know how I'd like to see Obama die, I'd like him to die of natural causes," said Anderson. "I don't want him to be a martyr, we don't need another holiday. I'd like to see him die, like Ted Kennedy, of brain cancer."

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."