If they make a movie and set it after the series ended (as opposed to, say, a flashback), it can only disappoint the viewers who were content to write their own ending for Tony.

If you were of the thought that Tony rode off into the sunset, you had every right to believe that. If you were of the thought that Tony went face-ass down in a bowl of onion rings, with his wife and children looking on in horror, then you had the same right to believe that. Chase gave everyone the freedom to pick their own ending for Tony. A movie takes that away from half the audience.

And honestly, I think this is much adieu about nothing. The only ones making noise about this are the actors who are out of work and/or hopelessly typecast (namely Lorraine Bracco and Steven Van Zandt). I saw Edie Falco in an interview for "Nurse Betty" two nights ago on EW. She called the reports of a Sopranos movie "silly." And Gandolfini has repeatedly said he will "not" play Tony Soprano again. But never say never, not in Hollywood, where money talks.

We'll have to wait and see.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.