Originally Posted By: Italian_Mafia_Boss

Turnbull I think you have your facts wrong, back then the Mafia protected the non-wealthy Italian people, like you said they were basically Italian Robin Hoods. But as for the Mafia protecting wealthy land owners, I believe that's false.

IMB, I'm afraid that you have your facts and your time frames mixed up. Turnbull is absolutely right in that the Mafia protected the wealthy land owners and the pezzanovantes of the country.

The legend that I posted about, The Night of the Italian Vespars, was supposed to have taken place way back in the 13th century, and it very well may have happened. If it did, I'm sure that the original intent was to protect the people from being raped and abused by those in a position of power.

But Turnbull is dead on correct when he says that those in power manipulated the local Mafioso and used them to protect the wealthy land owners and the pezzanovante in high places. The local Mafioso eventually went from protecting the poor working people to taking advantage of those same poor working people.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.