Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Originally Posted By: Freddie C.

I don't understand why this guy gets so much sympathy.

Steve " The Druggie" Howe - Suspended ( not banned ) seven times for drug abuse and smuggling drugs across that border.

Manny Ramirez - Suspended ( not banned )for violating Major League Baseball's Performance Enhancing Drug policy.

Al Holland - Suspended ( not banned ) for cocaine abuse.

Dwight Gooden - Arrested after fighting with police which resulted in the Tampa Riots of 1987. He entered a rehabilitation center because if cocaine abuse and wasn't even suspended from the game!

At least 2 dozen players have been suspended over the last several years for violating MLB's Performance Enhancing Drug Policy and none were banned from the game.

I think that Rose deserves to be in the HOF.

I do NOT believe that Rose would ever bet AGAINST his own team as he was way too much of a competitor to ever bet against himself.

Did he gamble? Yes. But bannishment for someone who broke A RULE and not BANISHING others who broke A RULE is unjustifiable to me.

Using drugs can hurt others who are playing the game with you. You are putting your team and your teammates at physical risk.

Betting on a game does not put your team or your teammates at physical risk.

If you are going to hand out punishments for breaking a rule, then be consistant.

Rose accomplished what he accomplished. Betting on a game did NOT enhance his performance.

this is what i feel as well. some voters wont vote rose in, and its there choice but i hope they feel the same for those who used roids to cheat in this game.