Originally Posted By: Don Andrew
Yeah, I got "Loose Ends" in Jacksonville last year...didn't really appreciate it until a little bit after though. ohwell

As far as lyrics go...boy there's a ton. I always found his transition from the wide eyed and VERY wordy idealism in the earlier records to the simpler yet potent stuff on the records after that very interesting. You can pretty much trace the Asbury Park to Hollywood path and back by listening.

My sig, of course...Lost in the Flood is really his first epic and it's simply INTENSE live. It'd be a dream to get that live, no doubt.

Whew. Feel like I'm on Backstreets instead of the BB. lol

Nothing wrong with feeling like Backstreets, Don Andew! Or, to borrow a phrase: "It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive."

I take it that, by your lyrics you listed, that The River is one of your favorites?

My response to your comments: While never having seen "Lost in the Flood" live either, I agree that it's a great live song. So glad it was on the Live in NYCDVD. That has always been my favorite song on Greetings.

I love the way Bruce used to talk about the stained relationship with his father in songs like "Adam Raised A Cain" and "Independence Day," which later evolved into "Walk Like a Man."

The verse you listed for "Darkness on the Edge of Town" might be the summary of Springsteen's songwriting style and his on-stage demeanor.

I think that starting with Born to Run, through Darkness, The River, Nebraska, Born in the USA, and Tunnel, Bruce Springsteen might have made 5 of the best consecutive albums in rock history. Not necessarily the best, but among the elite. Each one of those records was downright brilliant and defining moments, all for different reasons. I would put them right alongside all of the important works of Dylan, from Beggar's Banquet through Exile on Main Steet by the Rolling Stones, and Led Zeppelin I through Houses of the Holy.