GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 197 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,447
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,435
Posts1,060,927
Members10,349
Most Online992
Yesterday at 04:40 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Conservatives UNITE !!! [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #549766
07/22/09 06:44 PM
07/22/09 06:44 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
LOL at SC's and capo's posts grin

Re: Conservatives UNITE !!! [Re: svsg] #549767
07/22/09 06:46 PM
07/22/09 06:46 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I never used the ignore (although sometimes tempted) tongue . Do you see all the posts except the one person's you ignored? If that person you ignored is quoted in another post, you'd still see it right? confused

Ok, back to business. wink

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 07/22/09 06:47 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Conservatives UNITE !!! [Re: AppleOnYa] #549769
07/22/09 07:19 PM
07/22/09 07:19 PM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
Originally Posted By: AppleOnYa
To all my Conservative friends on the BB (few though they may be...)

Please take a minute to sign this petition keeping Government control OUT of healthcare.

And then forward to a friend (or two).

http://www.freeourhealthcarenow.com/

I signed it the last I heard it will cost over 1 trillion dollars, yeah I said 1 trillion, and one article I saw stated that this will cause health care costs to actually increase. I wonder what Obama is up to he wants this awfully fast, too fast if you ask me

Re: Conservatives UNITE !!! [Re: The Iceman] #549771
07/22/09 07:47 PM
07/22/09 07:47 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Yes, Obama is evil plotting to destroy America...by helping (or trying, agree or not) 40+ million Americans.

That son of a bitch.

Re: Conservatives UNITE !!! [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #549772
07/22/09 07:48 PM
07/22/09 07:48 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
Impossible. I've got him on Ignore.

And yet it's there for all to see.

Maybe you're rubbing off me, in all the wrong ways.

Who knows, maybe by the end of the year, you'll be posting reviews of Steven Seagal movies at FCM.

Re: Conservatives UNITE !!! [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #549786
07/22/09 08:53 PM
07/22/09 08:53 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
When a politician has an agenda, their first year in office is when they try to push through those items of importance. They need to strike while the iron is hot.

I love this quote from the President tonight (and I'm paraphrasing), "I'm not talking about me. I HAVE the best healthcare in the world. This is about the people who don't have it." He has summarized my feelings about this issue.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Conservatives UNITE !!! [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #549789
07/22/09 10:19 PM
07/22/09 10:19 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
Since this is a "come on and subscribe with me" sort of thread...

Originally Posted By: MaryCas
The system does need a major overhaul.
Yes. And it's impossible to restructure one aspect of society in isolation, without considering other things in flux. To quote Joe Kishore at WSWS.org:

It is not possible, through the existing political system, to effect a change in government policy. The basic reason is that the political institutions and parties are the unvarnished instruments of class rule. The financial elite exercises absolute control over every aspect of political life.

Capo, you may find this a bit out of character, but I agree with your quote. The sad truth is that the USA is becoming one big turd on the inevitable flush. Too many things are broken. Our decaying bridges are not the only thing collapsing.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Conservatives UNITE !!! [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #549790
07/22/09 10:36 PM
07/22/09 10:36 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
RR, exactly. I also heard the other day on the news that the cost of the war for one year (I believe it was a year) was a trillion dollars or close to it. If it's for going to war with a country that didn't attack us that's ok. If it's for health care for our country, then let's watch our wallet. rolleyes

TIS

No TIS, that's not so. The cost of the US military operations in both Iraq and Afghanistan amount to about $1 trillion since inception.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Conservatives UNITE !!! [Re: AppleOnYa] #549792
07/23/09 12:12 AM
07/23/09 12:12 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Yes, I read that SB. I feel sorry for the segment of our population who work in low paying jobs or minimum wage jobs. It sucks to be on the bottom of the food chain.
Many of us started there at one time. Some of us worked our way up from the bottom, others as we all know prefer to stay there and let others provide for them.

Like I said I am NOT in favor of giving up what I have earned for "Do Nothing" people.

I am sorry to say that the government will go right back to those smaller businesses and make them pay thru the nose, paying for all of this. Many of them will then slowly let their worker go, as they fail because of the demands put on them. So by trying to help all these extra people you will also put so many small business out there in the same boat.

We bail out the big companies that screwed the public. Banks get tons of money, but have you seen what they are giving all the hard working people who are trying to save a buck in one of their banks. less then 1 to 1.5% interest. Talk about screwing people while they show record profits.

The housing crisis happened because people who couldn't afford homes got them, because "everyone" should have the dream of home ownership. Yea Right!
Everyone made money giving folks home loans or sales commissions on housing sales, but who now pays for it all.Yes, the tax payers once again.

How about student loans. How may people never pay a dime back or very little. But everyone need a college education right. Sure as long as it is on the back of someone else.

What ever happen to pay your own way? Nah, just charge it on a charge card until you have to go bankrupt.
Your right things are like an empty shell, drained by all the take care of me people!

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Conservatives UNITE !!! [Re: fathersson] #549793
07/23/09 12:30 AM
07/23/09 12:30 AM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

I had a good example today on how fucked up health care is in this country. I recently went for some tests in the hospital. The hospital and Dr's bill came to over $10,000. Since the tests were done "in network" for my health insurance, I didn't have to pay a dime. The doctor and hospital combined got $800 from my insurance company. If I had no insurance, they would have been billing me $10K.

Re: Conservatives UNITE !!! [Re: fathersson] #549794
07/23/09 12:35 AM
07/23/09 12:35 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: fathersson

Like I said I am NOT in favor of giving up what I have earned for "Do Nothing" people.

But what of those "Do" People who occupy those lower/lower-middle class jobs which make up the infrastructure of our country who just can't afford a decent health insurance policy for themselves and their families? Not bums, just fucked?

Then again, notice how people with insurance always preach that it's a privlege, not a right. I'm reminded of the Gospel of Wealth mentality in Victorian Times when the rich (most born into money and comfort) would say that the poor could be money too if only God was behind them.

I am sorry to say that the government will go right back to those smaller businesses and make them pay thru the nose, paying for all of this.

Well big businesses too. Don't be discriminating man. That's unChristian of you.

Many of them will then slowly let their worker go.

Already did, its called "Insourcing", you know....foreign cheap labor, most without legitimate green cards?

, as they fail because of the demands put on them. So by trying to help all these extra people you will also put so many small business out there in the same boat.

Yeah fuck those 40 million Americans. They aint American enough.

We bail out the big companies that screwed the public. Banks get tons of money, but have you seen what they are giving all the hard working people who are trying to save a buck in one of their banks. less then 1 to 1.5% interest. Talk about screwing people while they show record profits.

Bullshit is bi-partisan.

The housing crisis happened because people who couldn't afford homes got them, because "everyone" should have the dream of home ownership. Yea Right!

A failing of Compassionate Conservatism and liberalism I suppose.

Everyone made money giving folks home loans or sales commissions on housing sales, but who now pays for it all.Yes, the tax payers once again.

Of course. What you gonna do about it? Nothing. Don't worry, that's my fate as well.

How about student loans. How may people never pay a dime back or very little. But everyone need a college education right. Sure as long as it is on the back of someone else.

Some countries have free university education...but its budgets with miniscule military expenditures, i.e. Portugal.

We'll never do that.

What ever happen to pay your own way?

Yeah, what happened to that in our Republic founded by George Washington and other wealthy men born to prestige and power?

Nah, just charge it on a charge card until you have to go bankrupt.

The government and corporations do that. why not us too?

Your right things are like an empty shell, drained by all the take care of me people!

Who exactly are these..."take care of me" people, and where do they live?

C'mon, be honest. We're all a happy family here.

Re: Conservatives UNITE !!! [Re: Just Lou] #549795
07/23/09 12:37 AM
07/23/09 12:37 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: Just Lou
I had a good example today on how fucked up health care is in this country. I recently went for some tests in the hospital. The hospital and Dr's bill came to over $10,000. Since the tests were done "in network" for my health insurance, I didn't have to pay a dime. The doctor and hospital combined got $800 from my insurance company. If I had no insurance, they would have been billing me $10K.

JL, you're one of fathersson's "Do Nothing" People.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

tongue

Re: Conservatives UNITE !!! [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #549797
07/23/09 12:47 AM
07/23/09 12:47 AM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Yeah. Well. whistle

Re: Conservatives UNITE !!! [Re: Just Lou] #549838
07/23/09 01:48 PM
07/23/09 01:48 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
Doesn't the government pay for health care for all its employees, the members of Congress, the president and all the military? That seems to work out.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Conservatives UNITE !!! [Re: AppleOnYa] #549939
07/24/09 08:58 AM
07/24/09 08:58 AM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
A couple nights ago I read an article while I was at work and I though it was a good read.

Facts

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull