Goombah,

I have some 8mm film transferred to DVD of all my families childhood movies. They include family trips. For us, Mackinaw Island in the UP was a popular vacation. I have fond memories of the many sites within our state area that we'd visit, including the many religious type sites we'd visit, like the tallest crucifix in the world (don't remember how huge) we once visited Notre Dam College, and many of our vacations were at a cottage on one of the great many lakes in Michigan (until my dad finally bought our own cottage). Some of the fondest memories I have of family time. smile Ha ha I remember being on the road to vacation and my dad stopping at the, then fairly new, McDonalds. With a family of 6, it must have been expensive even at that time, although I never felt any kind of crunch. You're sparking some fun memories for me (or I am as I babble on). tongue

TIS

SC, they haven't been back for at least 10 years. It seems most times they've been back was around Christmas and it's too cold. They may have driven by the lake, but I'm not sure. I don't go anywhere near the lake in the dead of winter in Michigan.

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 07/16/09 12:11 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon