I stand corrected on Dion's hometown state. blush I do remember for the BB Philly meet a couple years ago ((I think by the Philly Cheesebuger restaurant), there was painted pictures on the side of the building with Bobby Rydell and Frankie Avalon maybe???? Can't quite recall, but I swore Dion was one of them. (Also, if I'm not mistaken, my dad' favorite, Mario Lanza is from Philly as well.)

TB, I remember Dick Clark's shows. I think it was called "Calvecade of Stars?" If I recall, most were in the early 60's, a time in which I was a tad too young (12/13 or so) to attend so I never got to go to one. I would have loved to.

I am aware of Dion's drug problem, and I agree he is the most talented of the three TB mentioned. Actually, I didn't mind Bobby Rydell but never really was into Fabian. Maybe because he seemed like an Elvis clone and even then I knew there was only one Elvis. grin

And DC, I remember that Skit well, but was it Cheech & Chong, or Fireside Theater??? I think my husband and I had he record (or 8 track) tongue Sister Mary Elephant. lol

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 06/20/09 02:31 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon