I did K-12 in catholic chool K-8 was taught by Dominican nuns, many of whom were off the boat from Ireland. They claimed to have eyes in the back of their head. They'd walk around with a large pointer or a 36 inch ruler and wack your hands if you screwed up on a multiplication question, a catechism answer and just about anything else.

If you got caught talking they would tape your mouth. And if
you committed an offense serious enough to be ent to the principl's office you would get paddled on the butt 10-15 times depending on the offense. We were terrified of them.

9-12 I had Marianist priests and brothers. Also very big on corporal punishment, only they used fists.

By the time we were seniors we pretty much knew how to get away with all kinds of things. One of my favorites was this:
Every Tuesday morning they had confesions set up starting about an hour before school started. They were "optional."
About ten of us decided to tell the priest the same story, which was basically that we had sex with a girl. What we did was say it happened the previous Saturday ...the first guy in said he did it at 8:00 in the back seat of a car, the second guy said 8:30 on the hood of the car, third guy said 9:00 on a blanket under stadium seats....and so forth. Each description
contained more graphic acts, and included doing things in every oraface of her body, multiple times, by the time the last guy confessed. Later in the day we had this priest for religion class, and he knew exactly who had done this. He started to rant about our sinful abuse of confession, that he knew who did it and that we would pay for it, etc. I raised my hand and asked "Father I thought you were bound to keep confessions a complete secret. Why are you telling us this?"
By then everyone knew of the stunt and the clas went nuts laughing. I got five demerits for "causing a disruption." Ten demerits would get you suspended so it was harsh. He then became emotional and told us to put our head down and pray silently. Of course doing that makes one laugh even harder.
Within two days he was replaced by another priest it was rumored the first priest had some kind of nervous breakdown.
This priest told us he knew "all about" our class (we were 30 guys who'd been together for four years) what smart asses we were, and how he'd been in the navy, how tough he was and how he wasn't going to take any crap from us. The following day we marched single file into the classroom humming "Anchors Aweigh." Once we got to our assigned seats the president of the class saluted and said "Permission to come aboard SIR!"
This guy was pissed, and railed at us for an hour. The following day one of us had to go to the dentist and had a note excusing him from school. When he returned it was about 20 minutes into th class, and his face was all puffy from the dental work and it looked like he was sneering. This priest went ballistic and told the kid to "Get that smirk off your face" and the more he tried the worse he looked. The priest then decked the kid right in the mouts. Blood was everywhere.
Somebody knew about the dentist appt. and got up and took the note from the semi consciou kids hand and announced he had a pass to go to the dentist, and was not smirking, but that his expression was due to the numbness in his mouth and the dental work.
We then all signed a petition againt him for hitting an innocent kid for no good cause. He was replaced a week later.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."