The highly anticipated July 18 fight between Floyd Mayweather and Juan Manuel Marquez has been postponed due to a rib injury sustained by Mayweather while training. The mega-fight was scheduled to take place at MGM Grand in Las Vegas and be televised live on HBO Pay-Per-View.

There is a possibility that the fight will be moved to August 8.

Two weeks ago my source told me:

"Golden Boy Promotion has to make a major decision this coming weeks for profit reasons. The proposed mega ppv fights between pbf vs. marquez is not selling well not only in tickets but also to the regular boxing sponsors tecate, cervesa and budwieser who doesnt like to back up the fight. Even the MGM grand didn't hold even a single ticket for the fight for their retail selling with hotel accomodation, while before the MGM always wanted to buy all the tickets in any major bout. According to Brad, less than 300 tickets has been sold as of this time. And theres no indication that it will surpass to 1,000 tickets this weekend. A very dismal showing for a mega fight or a ppv fight. So GBP is planning to move the schedule to August 8 and instead of PPV it will be shown for free viewing.

GBP is not new to this problem, in two weeks or three GBP will have a major announcement to move the fight because of injury to either marquez or mayweather as the reason to move the fight. They always done this every time they smell something wrong at the box office."

I took this with a grain of salt and was even skeptical. But now it makes sense considering the postponement of the fight.