I had to search for this thread because I was in Manhattan early this morning. I think I've posted about my 97 year old aunt in the past. The woman is amazing. She owns an 8 family walkup apartment building on West 8th Street in Greenwich Village and she's still very much hands on. Every bit the landlady. I do, however, help her out with a good portion of the legal issues (namely landlord-tenant issues).

Anyway, this morning I get down there at about a quarter to seven. She has my breakfast on the table, which was great. But here's the reason for the post: She still uses old jelly jars as drinking glasses! Does any one remember this but me and my insane (often frugal) Italian family?

I guess before disposable cups and tupperware became so widely available, people were less likely to throw glass containers away? I'm sure TB could give me an answer.

97 years old. Very fortunate in terms of her financial situation. And still serving orange juice out of an old jelly jar lol.

Only in America.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.