Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: The Iceman

It's almost as if Isreal is sucking the United States **** and we're just leaning back and enjoying it.

I'm sick and tired of the US always supporting Isreal. I say let them fend for themselves, instead of us always riding to their rescue like the proverbial man in the white hat.

Ice, I realize that you and I are usually at odds. You think I'm a sarcastic and pompous New Yorker (you're right), and I realize that I have the tendency to poke fun at America's heartland. I guess that could get kind of old, so I'm sorry for that.

All that said, that's just about the most ridiculous thing you've ever posted.

Israel is our most vital ally. Islamic terrorists are intent on acquiring nuclear weapons, and even a well-placed dirty bomb could do enormous damage to the Jewish state and force much of its carefully-tended farm land out of cultivation. A devastating attack of this kind might cause the collapse of Israel's economy. Then what?

This is a reminder of why Israel is perhaps the most important ally in the war against the jihadis. The very existence of America is not yet threatened by them, but Israel is very much at risk. They could become our greatest ally because the stakes are so much higher for them.

Here's the bottom line: The jihadis make virtually no distinction between Americans and Zionists; the two terms are virtually interchangeable for them. Nothing better demonstrates why it is time to stand with Israel.

This is an area where Obama can not afford to waver. He has to stop trying to be everyone's friend in the Middle East. It's not possible. In short, he needs to shit or get off the bowl here.

And what of the settlements issue?