Whisper, While you may not have a drug addiction, you may have an addiction to destructive behavior. I remember reading posts like, "Can't believe I got drunk and ended up in bed with some woman...", "Can't believe I got into a fight last night..." that sort of thing. You have an inner rage that manifests itself in inappropriate ways.

I'm not trying to scold you or anything. You are a very talented guy, and I think that eventually your music will provide that outlet for you. In the meantime, though, remember that the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Your daughter will not come equipped with magic wand that will automatically turn you into a sober, law-abiding citizen. You need to do that BEFORE she's born. And getting help might be an integral part of that.

I wish you the best of luck. I dated a wonderful young man when I was in college. He was smart and handsome and funny, and we had a wonderful time together, WHEN he was sober. I know how hard it was for him, so I wish you the best of luck.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club