I hate people, and I don't understand them. We had two buyers bidding against one another on a listing. There was $50,000 separating them. We presented both offers to the owner, and they chose the higher bid, even though it was a start-up company.

The buyer has had the contract for five weeks, coming up with one excuse or another why he hadn't returned them yet. He had to get a new lawyer, he didn't like the lawyer he hired and needed another lawyer, one thing after the other. Finally, we told him that he had until close of business today to sign and return the contracts.

His latest attorney wanted some minor changes made, they were done and emailed back. He told us he was going to his attorney's office last night to sign them and would fax them over and then overnight originals. At 10:30 this morning, we received an email that he was backing out of the deal. We went back to the second guy, but of course he's found something else in the meantime.

What I don't understand is why he would bother tying up everyone for all this time if he never intended to go through with the deal???

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club