Originally Posted By: dontomasso

This brings up a subordinate issue here...namely that Clemenza had to go to the restaurant, and presumably order a meal, and then use the bathroom to plant the weapon..... it is surprising to me that Sol would not have had someone staked out there in advance. Had he done so that person would have recognized Clemenza and things would have turned out much differently.

What makes you think that Clemenza was the one who planted the gun? There was still plenty of time for Clemenza to have one of his people shoot over from the Corleone compound into the City to plant that gun.

Originally Posted By: AppleOnYa
He is worried about Michael and also probably a bit concerned about how the Don will take this (whether it's a success or failure) once he is well enough to be told. Assume he's had a few days to think about the whole plan. While he surely agrees with Michael that the Turk must die or another attempt will be made on Vito's life...he also knows another war is about to begin. I think he has a big knot in the pit of his stomach about the whole thing.

Yes, Tom is freaking out, and for quite a number of reason.

Apple

Excellent summation Apple. I totally agree with all that you've said.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.