Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

If Barca can't score against Chelsea (a brilliant, fuckallyoucandoaboutit special not included), they're going to struggle against Man Utd. I hope Rio's fit to start.

It's hard for ANY team to score against Chelsea, so I was not at all surprised that Barca barely made it. Chelsea is playing the "ugliest" soccer: bunker-type of defence + stealing a goal or 2 to win the game. It's no fun to watch, but it's very efficient, which is why Chelsea is a very dangerous team, and you never know how it's going to end with them.

But most soccer fans prefer some "happy" soccer - the way teams like Barca and Liverpool are playing. It's a crowd-pleaser. They make the game very passionate, very open, it's fun to watch those teams.

And then there's Man Utd - and that's what I call "professional" soccer. They're in a league of their own, if you ask me. It's not so much about Ronaldo as it is about guys like Ryan Giggs and Rio Ferdinand. They make this team so great. In the end it's Rooney or Ronaldo who usually score, but everyone else is just as awesome.

So this current Barca team is the new talented baby of the soccer world, and I'm sure most people in the world would like to see them win, but I'll go with the "professionals".

3-0 for Man Utd. Hopefully Giggs will get one. He truly is footballer of the year.

"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!"

- James Cagney in "Taxi!" (1932)