Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
I never understood why the downstairs of the Brady house seemed so huge, but the upstairs wasn't. I mean, that gigantic living room, dining room, kitchen, Alice's living quarters, the family room/den, Mike's office, yet they only had room upstairs for three bedrooms and two baths?? Greg had to live in the attic when he got older? Really????

If you ever saw The Brady Bunch Movie (groan) in which they almost lose their home for failure to pay back property taxes you'd understand Mr. Brady's limitations as an architect.

But back to Mayberry... there are a lot of things that would never pass muster in today's politically correct world. The town was segregated. Wife beating and child beating were winked at. Attendance at Church was compulsory. Women were subordinate to men. Oddly enough if the characters were openly gay, it would be a great HBO series today.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."