I think its an interesting topic this. We see very little interaction with Fredo and Tom, which is disappointing. How many is there? Tom interrupts Fredo trying to get him to get the Don to stop Mike in his tracks re Moe Greene? Then walking along with him at the nightclub with Geary and the whore, and then when Fred asks Tom at him mothers funeral if he can see Mike. So thats three scenes or so for a pair of brothers over 6 or so hours...its a shame. We never know just how close they are. Certainly we know Tom has a strong bond with Sonny, and he craves a relationship with Michael. But with Freddie...we just don't know.

There's a nice line in Part II when Mike asks Tom about what Fredo knows...

'He says he doesn't know anything, and I believe him'

I like that line, whether its true or not, who knows, but Tom seems to be trying to protect Fredo. And as Mike is dealing strictly with Neri in planning to kill Fredo, I don't think Tom is involved at all, sending him out to the army barracks to speak to Frank at the time Fredo is to be shot. I'd like to think that Tom would be appalled. He bemoaned Mike's decision to wipe everyone out, and its the common beleif that Fredo really was duped by a very clever man in Roth.

Good topic.

Sonny - Well then, business will have to suffer, all right? And listen, do me a favor, Tom. No more advice on how to patch things up, just help me win, please