Originally Posted By: goombah

Quite a far cry from the rock-n-roll stereotype of groupies, cocaine, and booze!

I visited Hershey as a kid and liked the area. Springsteen played Hershey at the tail end of his last tour in August. This is what his fanzine website "Backstreets" had to say about the Hershey 2008 show:

[i]"Once again, it's E Street Band al fresco. And it's not like they had really scaled back performance-wise in the arenas, but tonight at Hersheypark Stadium it was decidedly a stadium-sized show.

Hershey is nice even though some of the residents complain about the heavy aroma of fresh chocolate that fills the air for much of the day. Springsteen will be playing at the new arena for this concert, and not the nearby stadium. I'm not a seasoned concert attendee, but there may be a difference.

This new arena was built a couple of years ago to replace the old arena, which is next to the stadium. The old one was going to be torn down, but the key reason why it remains is because that was the venue where Wilt Chamberlain scored 100 points in a game to set a record.