I am currently trying to decide if I want to get rid of my land line. I disconnected it when I moved last year to my new apartment, and just used my cell. But the cell sounded just awful in my apartment and I missed the internet at home. So I finally got around to getting landline back plus DSL. A month later, I went to Colorado and lost my cell phone when I returned the car rental. So, I got a new cell phone. This one is GREAT! I can hear anyone, anywhere! I had a friend from France who called me for awhile and I could hear him almost perfectly except for the occassional accent problem!! But I haven't been going online as much lately and I can do it at work anyway, so I'm thinking of saving the $60 per month and just using my cell and going to the cafe when I want to go online at night. As far as cable TV goes I pay $55 per month for about 70 channels (no HBO). I hardly ever watch though....My sister and her hubs have their internet through their cable TV. And she has one of those "blue tooths" and just loves it....sometimes she can't hear me though when shes in the car.