Heartbreaking news!

Not only was he a funny guy, but he was also a very giving man with a big heart. I was fortunate enough to experience his compassion and his giving first hand.

When my mother was alive she was very involved with the Guardians of the Hydrocephalus Foundation. She was a concert pianist and would donate her time playing piano at all their major fundraising events. I used to attend many of those events and on several occasions I had the pleasure of meeting Dom Deluise. He would stay for hours entertaining the attendees as well as spending time with the many children who were there. You could see the sincere compassion that he had for those with Hydrocephalus and also see that he sincerely wanted to be there to help in any way that he could. My mother adored him because of his willingness to participate and give himself to the foundation. She always talked about how on a moments notice, even if he happened to be out on the west coast, he would fly into New York to assist the foundation if they needed him for something.

Years ago he would fly into New York from California, take a cab into Brooklyn, buy fresh Mozzarella, Dry Sausage, Pepperoni and other Italian delicacies from a pork store on 11th Avenue and take them back to California with him! lol

He was great in the movie The End, and I loved him in Fatso.

"You ate the "ony"!

"Get the honey Jr.!" lol

A true comedic legend!

RIP Dom Deluise frown

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.