Barton hit by Magpies suspension

Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton has been suspended by Newcastle United.
Barton was sent off for a lunging tackle on Xabi Alonso in the defeat at Liverpool on Sunday - a challenge boss Alan Shearer
described as "stupid".

And a newspaper report has since suggested the 26-year-old was involved in a row with Shearer after the game.

A Magpies statement said: "Joey Barton has been suspended from the club until further notice. The club will be making no further comment at this time."

Barton's dismissal against Liverpool means he misses Newcastle's final three games of the season because of an automatic FootbalThe action against Barton, which I'm sure includes a maximum fine of two weeks' wages as well as the indefinite suspension, is strong from Shearer but understandable.

"He won't want any distractions on the training field ahead of Monday's meeting with Middlesbrough, which is absolutely pivotal to Newcastle's Premier League future."

The Magpies are currently in the bottom three and in serious danger of being relegated.
Sunday's appearance was Barton's first since 28 January because of a foot injury.

It was only the ninth time the former Manchester City player, who has had a troubled career both on and off the pitch, has played this season.

Shearer was clearly angry after Barton's dismissal.
"I wasn't happy, I was bitterly disappointed at the way that happened," Shearer told BBC Sport following the game.
"I asked him to stay calm in the heat of the battle but it was a stupid tackle and he deserved to be sent off."
Barton, who has played once for England, was a controversial figure at Manchester City before joining Newcastle for £5.8m in 2007.
He has since started only 26 matches for the Tyneside club.
In July last year, Barton received a four-month suspended sentence for assaulting Ousmane Dabo in a training-ground incident while both players were at City.
Barton was banned by the FA for 12 matches - six of which were suspended - and fined £25,000 after admitting a violent conduct charge in relation to the Dabo incident.
l Association ban, but his whole future at the club is now in doubt.

"The likelihood is he will never play for Newcastle United again, regardless of whether Alan Shearer stays on as manager," said BBC Radio 5 Live chief football reporter Ian Dennis.

"As well as his dismissal at Anfield, the player is reported to have been in in a furious dressing room row with Shearer.

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon