Lou, you paraphrased one Senate rule among a plethora of them. Read some more of them and you will understand the compromise that is necessary to pass legislation and resolutions as I referred to in my previous post.

I'm not sure what you mean by "a Democratic Supermajority Senate, unfettered by filibusters, can be stopped." A supermajority doing what? Congressional activity does not consist only of voting. For example, study the Congressional committee system. Nothing happens to legislation unless it first receives a favorable report by the committee to which it is assigned. Such a favorable report is almost always a function of a compromise among the committee's members. Doing so will alert you to the complexity that characterizes Congressional politics.

To answer your question, yes I do. That's why there are a legion of rules in the Congress. Otherwise, Congressional action would primarily consist of a vote. Why do you think that legislation typically takes so long to weave its way through the Congress? The Senate Cloture rule (and it is just a rule subject to change) is dependent on 2 Independent Senators supporting a Democratic Cloture vote (by the way, Franken has not yet been admitted to the Senate). It also depends on all Democratic Senators voting with their Party colleagues. Democratic Senator Bayh, for one, may not since he's already shown his independence by breaking Party ranks over the President's budget.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."