Originally Posted By: Mark
Definitely a prequel, in my opinion. Chase has TONS of material for prequel storylines. I would love to see Jackie Aprile, Johnny Boy Soprano, Old Man Baccalieri, Uncle Pat, and Junior raising hell in their day while Paulie, Tony and Sivio are the second bananas.

I've said this since the show ended.

I don't think that I really want to see a Sopranos movie that picks up or takes place after the show ended. I think that it should be left alone the way that it ended leaving it to the viewer's own imagination and interpretation.

But I think that a prequel HBO series would go over really big. Young Uncle Junior, Johnnyboy Soprano, young Paulie, young Livia, etc. and Tony and his group as kids. A show that covers the early years. Personally I think that a throwback series showing the rise of Johnnyboy and Uncle Junior and company would go over really big.

But there really must be some talk about a movie because last week I read an article in the daily news and Edie Falco was quoted as saying

"Of course I’d be interested in doing it. I’m always the last person to know, but I love everyone on the show, and of course I would love it."

However, according to the same article, David Chase claims that a Sopranos movie will not happen. Chase claimed that he's not going to open the story back up after seemingly killing Tony in the last seconds of the show.

He said that he set up the ending, during an episode leading up to the finale, when he showed Tony talking to Bobby Bacala about what happens when you’re shot in the head and that he’s not going to go back to the characters because there’s really nobody left.

Boy do I miss that show!

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.